Monday, January 27, 2014

Indie Girl

Hello! It's Amy here today, to share a mixed media layout I created using lots of  UmWowStudio goodness!! My daughter had taken a selfie, while wearing yellow tinted glasses, her earbuds, and a necklace I wore frequently as a 90's "grungester"; or in her words...a "grunge hipster." I thought the photo begged for a free and hip vibe.

 I started with the Light Bulb Mask, and simply sponged on black ink over the top.....in a fairly heavy layer. I then added a center stripe of stamping and washi tape, and went over all of this with splashes of bright pink and glittery turquoise paint. 

After building layers of paper for my photo to perch atop, I added 2 pieces from the Mustard 29 and Make a Wish  flair sets in the corners.
To add movement and awesome interest to the page, I layered up bits from Gear Mash as well as chevron and star confetti, layered hearts , and finally, the This End Up phrase chipboard. I left them "naked" for the fun contrast in color.
Thank you for having a look at my project featuring my "indie girl" today, and I hope you are inspired to get your stenciling, flair, and chip on!

~ Amy
www.sparklinggnome.com


Supply List
UmWowStudio Products: This End Up-mask, Mustard 29 and Make a Wish-Flair, Gear Mash, layered hearts, this end up (words), chevron and star confetti-Chipboard. 
Patterned Paper: 7 Dots Studio- Love is in the Air, Domestic Goddess
Stamps: Viva Las VegaStamps!  : color wheel lines, indie 3/4 x 1 3/4,  tire tread 
1 1/4x 4 1/4, torn paper 1 1/4 x 6, through the looking glass, cursive background 4x 4 1/2 
Ink: Clearsnap-Mix'd Media Inx, noir;  Hero Arts- Neon Pink, Ranger Archival Ink-Coffee
Metal Embellishments: 7 Gypsies, Bead Landing
Flowers: Prima Marketing
Washi Tape, Vintage cards: Gauche Alchemy, Tim Holtz


6 comments:

  1. Amy! I ABSOLUTELY love ALL THE DETAILS on this layout!!! Beautiful splashes of color too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, awesome artsy feel! Love the free flow to this page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this creative layout! The design works so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a funky layout - very cool!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sick! I love it!
    So textural you want to reach out and touch it...
    And super neat photo!
    Thanks for the share!

    ~Leah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how artsy this is! lovely!

    ReplyDelete