Thursday, April 17, 2014

Sweet Boy {Scrapbook Layout}

Sweet Boy, Full, UWS, ALLassiter Hello UmWowStudio fans, it's Amy here today, to share a layout I created using a favorite photo of my sweet husband when he was around three. This is the first photo I've scrapped using a little boy, as I have three daughters; so I started by choosing a fairly unisex color palette. Once I had created the background, using Lindy's Stamp Gang mists, tea stain, and paint,(I used the Hexagon Confetti and Checker Board masks in random areas throughout the page, using a green metallic paint); I layered on washi tape, stamping, and finally fibers (cheesecloth, latch hook rug fabric, burlap)...and of course the paper and photo layers.
love flair, sb, allassiter
When it came time to embellish, I used flair from  Life is Good  and Moon Shine.  and scattered gently across the page are pieces of Star Confetti, and a bit or two from the Layered Hexagons.
mini chip banner, sb, allassiter
Finally, I misted three pieces from the new and wonderful Banner Mash, and strung them with thread...easy peasy! I'm so excited with how this layout turned out, and I have it on display....the perfect way to share a sweet picture of a now very sweet man. :)

 Supply List:
UmWowStudio:
Chipboard-Banner Mash, Star Confetti, Layered Hexagons
Flair-Moon Shine, Life is Good
Masks-Hexagon Confetti, Checkerboard
Paper: 7 Dots Studio, 9th Wave
Transparency:Glitz Design
Journal Cards: Jenni Bowlin Studio
Stamps: Viva Las Vegastamps! (washi tape)
Mist: Lindy's Stamp Gang
Tissue Tape: Tim Holtz
Paint: Plaid, Viva Decor, LuminArte
Trim: The Paper Studio
Ink:Tsukineko
Other: Burlap, Latch Hook Rug fabric, cheesecloth, thread (coates twig), vintage stamps, tea for stain

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! So in love with your style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. UmWow is a great way to describe your layout, I love the mixed media look a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much awesome energy and movement in this page!

    ReplyDelete