Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Beaujolais by Manda

Hello, Manda here again today with another travel layout. I have been going through my old photos and trying to sort out an album about my trip to Europe almost 10 years ago. I am really loving looking back at all the wonderful places I went and hope to see some of them again one day. 
This layout is about a view from a hill where I went on a picnic so the page absolutely needed journalling so I could remember why I had this picture (I do not do a lot of journaling in general but I am trying to add more especially to older pictures.) I wanted to frame my photo and I love the little Make A Wish Pocket Chip frame but it was too small and the wrong shape for my photo but I wasn't going to let that stop me so I carefully cut each corner with my exacto knife. The great thing about the chipboard pieces is that if you want to cut them it is very easy even though the pieces are very strong.
To keep with the travel theme I used one of the Oh The Places You'll Go flair which I have been using right through my Europe pages. I journaled directly onto the page and because the background paper is rather busy I need to draw attention to it so I took a piece of the Arrow Title Mash to draw attention to it. I didn't alter the chipboard in any way because I liked how it drew the colours of the little village out of the photo. 

Thanks so much for visiting today, hope you have a great week.
Manda x 

Um Wow Studio Products:

2 comments:

  1. I love how you used the chipboard pieces...Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did with the pocket chip!!

    ReplyDelete